The Above the Influence [ATI]-Kent County Youth Coalition™ is a Generation Y and Z-driven committee powered by the Kent County Prevention Coalition. The ATI-Kent County Youth Coalition™ was birthed out of a vision to empower community youth, ATI-Kent County Youth Coalition ™ is designed to equip middle and high school youth to think critically about personal choices and future ambitions, emerging community health and wellness trends related to underage substance use/misuse, and the power community teens have individually and collectively to impact peers, family and community norms and the world by making a personal commitment to live Above the Influence. Above the Influence-Kent County™ is also about shared destiny. Individually we do amazing things, but collectively, we can have an exponential impact that extends beyond what any organization, school, or individual has the capacity to do alone.
Empowerment Goals of ATI-Kent County Youth Coalition ™
Through the partnerships and relationships formed via the KCPC, Youth Coalition Members will:
- Understand the underage substance use issues in Kent County
- Become investors in the health and wellness of Kent County
- Develop leadership skills and talents
- Build relationships and friendships with teens across the county
- Grow in academic achievement
- Have increased exposure to career and post-secondary opportunities
- Develop a portfolio for scholarship and collegiate pursuits
- Earn cool incentives
- Participate in professional development opportunities
- Lead innovative substance use prevention efforts in Kent County
- Serve as the face of the Above the Influence-Kent County™ movement
- Develop the annual KCPC ATI-Kent County Youth Summit & Town Hall
- Provide oversight for the implementation of action plan activities related to Above the Influence-Kent County™.
- Ensure Above the Influence-Kent County™ messaging and efforts speak to all youth who call Kent County home.
- Focus on KCPC efforts to change behavioral trends and outcomes related to underage alcohol and other drug use.
- Youth Coalition members will champion the voice and needs of community youth via internal and external coalition partnerships with local, state, and national stakeholders.