The primary purpose of the Community Engagement Committee is to ensure the Coalition has “people power” that is actively engaged and well informed to carry out the work of the KCPC. The overarching goal is to increase and improve awareness and relationships among health groups in Kent County.
- Develop and update information packets for new members
- Develop standardized practices for welcoming new members.
- Identify membership gaps and prioritize membership recruitment.
- Maintain records of membership, including attendance records.
- Bring information about membership matters to the Coalition, and work with the staff, if any, of KCPC to welcome new and to retain current members.
- Conduct member trainings
- Provide oversight for coalition capacity initiatives such as: Member Orientations, Volunteer Recognition, Member Recruitment, KCPC involvement in Community Festivals, etc.
- Participate in the planning and implementation of capacity needs related to the annual KCPC Town Hall event
- Review Coalition Bylaws related to membership and make recommendations to the General Assembly (GA).